We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our Development team and move our games to the next level! Our games Woka Woka and Viola's Quest have over 30 million players worldwide and that is only the beginning! Alongside our Development team, you will work with other departments as well, to connect with new players around the world.
Here’s what you will be doing
- Create high-quality animations and visual identity of games.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to create animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design.
- Responsible for implementing the look, style, and aesthetics of the game you are working on.
- Advocate for technically sound art pipelines and best practices.
- Write editor extensions, tools and scripts to help artist make assets or integrate those to the game.
- Work as a bridge between the artists and programmers to create art and bring it into the engine.
- Solve challenging technical issues in the asset pipeline.
- Help develop new features and technologies to expand the content pipeline.
- Optimize art content creation pipeline.
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Consistently communicate by giving and receiving feedback, directing next steps, and providing clear goals and outcomes to your team.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices.
- Mentor, coach more junior artists’ in your team and studio.
Desired skills and experiences
- Knowledge of scripting/coding using languages such as C# (Unity Shaders, OOP).
- Strong knowledge of particle systems and dynamic simulations.
- Deep understanding of how a Unity game engine works (animator, shader, script component).
- Understanding of platform features and limitations for mobile devices.
- Ability to use art tools–both internal and external to Unity–to create UIs, environments, and visual FX (Unity, Photoshop, After effects).
- Good understanding of modern art pipelines 2D.
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art).
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition).
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
What you’ll learn in this role
- Learn about the industry trends and benchmarks.
- Working on game development process.
- How to make progress in your personal career.
- Expand and develop your animation skills.